Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Feeling Uninspired

I'm feeling really sluggish and unmotivated. Dirty dishes sit in the sink, the floors need sweeping and mopping, the carpets need vacuuming and all the toys, books and papers need to be picked up off the floor. Yet here I sit wasting my life just wishing I could pull myself out of this funk.

5 comments:

Kerri said...

Brandi, the funk may stick around for a while. And having a bit of a mess around you does not make you a bad mom or woman or wife.

BUT, if it makes you a little more crazy for things to be disorganized, you can tell yourself that you'll pick up for 15 minutes and set a timer. I've made myself do that a few times and it sometimes help to get my body moving.

And if you DON'T want to do that, you don't have to. You're allowed to be in a funk.

Brandi said...

Thanks Kerri. I appreciate your inspired thoughts.

mandy_moo said...

Kerri is very wise, and I like her idea!! And it's okay to be in a funk, that's to be expected for awhile.

Missann said...

I agree with Kerri, take the time to allow yourself to mourn and feel sad. Those who bury it are usually those who end up depressed. you told me the other day that a messy house didn't make me a bad person. Take Kerri's advise. I set timers regularly to make it easier to clean. My mom helped me come up with a new cleaning schedule to keep me from being overwhelmed. I even have me time and project time on my daily list.

Take your time and allow yourself to heal.I promise things will get better.

Brandi said...

Thanks for all the good advice ladies! Also, Melissa thanks for the advice on cleaning. I think that I'll try it out and see how much I can get done. I still think that you're a great person no matter how messy your house.