Saturday, August 21, 2010

Moment of Truth

Here we go! I'm counting down the days until our "official" start to homeschool, just 9 more days! I'm breaking down the curriculum month by month and now, thanks to Mandy and Colleen, I also have access to free lesson plans. So, I'm really hoping that this will be an awesome experience. I have been researching, reading and planning for the past 6 years and finally here's the moment of truth. Just thinking of all the preparation and work that have gone into this fills me with love for my kids. I feel really blessed to have the opportunity to homeschool and hope that it will be a very rewarding experience for all of us.

5 comments:

Jim and Sue said...

Good luck! School starts for me tomorrow.

Brandi said...

Thanks Aunt Susan! How was your school week?

kate said...

just wanted to say hi! i'm a friend of mandy's on cm, (altho i've been MIA lately) & she was nice enough to share your blog address with me, so i hope you don't mind me following along! i'm looking forward to reading. we all love mandy to bits, & i know she really loves you so i'm looking forward to getting to know you better! :)

Unknown said...

Brandi, Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. Even with my experience in home schooling, our days don't always proceed with grace....the main thing is to not be too hard on yourself, and especially give yourself plenty of 'me-time'. Take time to pamper yourself, read a book, watch a chic-flic, go shopping, etc and not feel the slightest guilt. Good luck!

Brandi said...

@ Kate, I'm glad to have you here! Sorry that I didn't write back sooner. @ Renae, I'm so glad for your comments too. Please forgive my late reply!