Sunday, August 12, 2012

Did you notice?

If you didn't hear from a friend in a long time would you wonder where they were? If someone had a new outfit on would you notice? I remember being in Young Women's and had on a new dress and no one noticed. Then one of my friends told me she had a new dress and no one noticed. I was so busy worrying about why no one noticed mine that I failed to notice my friend in her new dress. Fast forward to the present... I am a busy mom who attempts to homeschool,cook, clean and shuttle kids around. I am lonely and often feel unimportant and invisible. A friend from CA who has lived here for a short time told me how lonely and excluded she feels, then I remembered my new dress! I have been so busy worrying that I'm lonely that I haven't been reaching out to others. So now I am trying to make a better effort to be a friend and include others who may be feeling lonely. It's funny how life's lessons occasionally need to be re-learned!

3 comments:

missann said...

I know how you feel. DH is on the road more than home, my heart aches when my oldest three go with their dad, which is far too often, and financially we're hurting. Needs aren't being met, I feel alone and friendless. My family doesn't understand or really listen and end up making me feel even worse about things, not purposely of course, but it happens far too often.

What I do have is a DH who loves me and just wants me to be happy, five children who only want my love (and good home baking/cooking) that I can give and do. Four step-kids that add more joy when they can come, even though it's not often. I may not have much, but I do have love from those I love best. I was given talents that I hope will one day turn into a way to help financially, for now I use them for stress relief and it benefits my family in the way they need to. Would I like to have a good female friend that I could do things with, at times yes, but I have a best friend in my husband, and knowing what I used to have in my last marriage, I'm much better off.

Jim and Sue said...

Glad you're back Brandi! I think that every woman who is raising children feels alone and isolated at times. Hopefully reaching out to others will have the desired effect. It seems that as hard as I try I often fail in reaching out to others so that they feel loved. Melissa's comments made me feel bad.

mandy_moo said...

Yeah, it's easy to get caught up in our own world and forget the others around us who need us. I've been reaching out more this week, and it feels really nice. I met a bunch of LDS moms at a local park a couple days ago, and yesterday I got together with a friend of mine I hadn't gotten to hang out with in ages.