Wednesday, July 28, 2010
My Club
I have come to realize I'm now part of an exclusive club. I never wanted to be a member of this club, actually no one wants to. The standard fee is the highest price I've ever had to pay (and let me tell you I hope I don't ever have to pay again). For some the price starts at 6 weeks and for others it can be 40 weeks or post delivery. The price starts very high and climbs with each passing week. No one who has paid this price is ever the same again. What is the price and how can you be a member? The price is the life of a child. As for choice, we really don't get a choice if we get to be a member or not, and if we ever had one I believe it was before this mortal existance. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I believe my spirit was with God before I was born. God presented His plan and I accepted. Our individual agency was the key of the whole plan. God said to us that we would be able to choose good or bad, right or wrong... and we'd have no knowledge of our previous life so that this life would be a true test to see if we would follow God even if He wasn't with us. According to my beliefs the choices we make here effect whether or not we get to be in the presence of God in the next. Sometimes, I wonder if before I left to come here God told me some of the things I may suffer and asked if I still wanted to come. Knowing my spirit, I bet I said, "Bring it on Lord! I will do whatever you want of me. I will take all these trials and more." Now I'm pretty scared of other things to come. What on Earth have I signed up for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yeah, membership in this club sucks. ((hugs))
~hugs~
Life--it's good and it terrible. But somehow we manage to get through. Having never been in that club, I don't understand, but there is another club that isn't so great either. Be grateful you will never be in mine. sometimes I think it is a good thing not to know what we have to go through in this life--otherwise I think I may have thought twice. (just kidding)
Brandi, my heart is still so broken for you. I'm sorry you've entered this super sucky club. The price of admission is way too high.
About the future, though: I know that WHATEVER you are given, you will be able to handle it, because you are strong and amazing. Maybe not right at first...right at first hard things will feel un-handleable. But you are remarkable, and you can take whatever is given you, so don't worry about the future. Just take care of yourself right now. Love you.
Thank you for your kinds words ladies. Gaylene, I'm sorry that you're a member of the other crappy club. Neither of them are good to be a part of. I'm glad for such good friends as all of you. I love you all!
Post a Comment