Thursday, July 29, 2010
Good things ahead
Today was pretty good. I didn't dwell too much on being sad and actually felt very excited. C is Kindergarten age this fall and we're starting our homeschool. I'm so excited I can hardly wait! My aunt is very kind and willing to help us come up with a good curriculum and hopefully she will have time to teach me how to come up with lesson plans. She has lots of teaching experience as well as being a homeschool mom. I am truly blessed to have her willing and able to help. Watching C read and A recognize the alphabet has been so rewarding! It's just like when they learn to crawl, walk and talk. I'm so lucky to be able to stay home to take care of them and even luckier to be able to homeschool. Now if we could just get J to say more than Mom, Dada and Dama (grandma) =-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay for good day, and homeschooling!
I am on the fence about homeschooling, but, it's based on the principal there when L is school age...right now, things are looking good for at least partial public schooling...but then I love the guy!
If you need or want any resources, I am more than happy to share with you. The best feeling is knowing as a parent that you don't have to put up with anything and you can have control over your son's education. There are so many options besides public, private and homeschool. You can send him to a charter school (paid for by taxes just like public) that specializes in things you and L may like. Also, you can be part of a co-op where you and other parents teach different subjects so he gets the socialization and you still have a say. Oh, and there are endless methods in homeschooling too. Your choices are only limited by your imagination... and if you have a good imagination well, the options are limitless. Just know you don't have to put up with any BS with your kids' schooling and if you get fed up with public school then you always have the option to bring him home. Whatever you do for L will be the best because no one loves him like you!
Post a Comment